PM Jan Dhan Yojana 2023: In order to provide benefits to poor, lower class and middle class families, different types of schemes are operated by the Government of India, in the same way, to provide benefits of banking facilities to the economically weaker and working class candidates. PM Jan Dhan Yojana 2023 is the main scheme run by the Government of India, it has been possible only with the help of this scheme that banking facilities were extended to the remotest areas of the country.
Through PM Jan Dhan Yojana, accounts are opened on zero balance in the bank, post office and nationalized banks of the poor people of the country, along with this, all the candidates whose Aadhaar card is linked to the account after opening this account. Overdraft facility up to ₹ 5,00,000 after 6 months for all and debit card Kisan Card as well as inbuilt accident insurance up to ₹ 1,00,000 will also be covered if you also want to open an account through this scheme The complete procedure is provided in this article.
PM Jan Dhan Yojana 2023
The announcement to start PM Jan Dhan Yojana was mainly made by the Prime Minister of our country Shri Narendra Modi on 15 August 2014 on the occasion of Independence Day. This was probably the biggest first scheme that Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji conducted after becoming the Prime Minister in 2014. PM Jan Dhan Yojana was a revolutionary step taken for financial inclusion, the main objective of which was to extend the benefits of banking facilities to all the poor and remote areas candidates.
It has been possible only with the help of PM Jan Dhan Yojana that the benefits of banking facilities have been extended to the remote areas of the country. Crores of accounts have been opened so far in our country through PM Jan Dhan Yojana. Through this scheme, the benefits of banking facilities have been extended to such sections of the society who were deprived of banking facilities till now. Under this scheme, in order to benefit all the poor candidates, the bankers went from village to village and opened camps and got the accounts of all the candidates opened.
|Scheme Name||PM Jan Dhan Yojana|
|type of plan||official|
|total beneficiaries||1.43 crore|
|total bank||1.26 lakh|
|Department Name||Finance Ministry|
The main objective of PM Jan Dhan Yojana 2023
The main objective of the PM Jan Dhan Yojana, run by the Government of India, was to bring the lower and lower class candidates under the ambit of banking and to make all the candidates basic with the facilities of Bank Inn.
Efforts are being made to make all the candidates self-reliant by providing small loans with the help of overdraft facility provided with the help of PM Jan Dhan Yojana. This scheme is being operated at the national level, the benefits of which are being provided to about crores of candidates, under which accidental death insurance is also being covered to all the candidates. With the help of this scheme, all the candidates are being added under the financial inclusion.
Benefits and features under PM Jan Dhan Yojana 2023
- The savings amount in the account to be opened under PM Jan Dhan Yojana will be carried forward with interest.
- The account holder is not required to maintain any specific balance under this scheme.
- If an account holder wants to get the benefit of check services then he has to deposit a minimum amount.
- Under this scheme, you will be provided with overdraft facility after 6 months.
- Accident insurance up to ₹ 100000 will be covered for all candidates under PM Jan Dhan Yojana.
- In case of accidental death of a candidate, his family will be given an insurance cover of ₹ 30000.
- Under this scheme, an overdraft option of ₹ 5000 is provided to one person in the family.
Eligibility for PM Jan Dhan Yojana 2023
- To open an account of PM Jan Dhan Yojana, you must be a domicile of India.
- This account will be opened with the guardian after the age of 10 years.
- Candidates of minimum age can also open an account under PM Jan Dhan Yojana.
- If a candidate does not have the Identity Card then you can only open the Zero Bank Balance Account.
- Under this scheme, all the same conditions have to be fulfilled which are done under the opening of savings account.
Documents required for PM Jan Dhan Yojana 2023
Every citizen who opens an account under PM Jan Dhan Yojana must have the following documents:-
- Ration card
- identity card
- pan card
- Permanent/temporary address proof like electricity bill, water bill or gas connection bill etc.
- Aadhar Card
- ID proof attested by any government organization
- Any other document requested by the bank
How to open an account under PM Jan Dhan Yojana 2023?
- To open an account for this scheme, first of all you have to visit the official website https://pmjdy.gov.in/.
- While visiting the official website, the home page will open on all of your screens.
- Now you will get Hindi and English application form options to open the application form on the home page.
- All the candidates have to choose the language as per their wish.
- As soon as you will select Hindi or English language, a new page will open on your screen.
- On this page all the candidates will get to see the Jan Dhan Account Application Form.
- Download this application form and complete all the information sought.
- After entering all the information, attach the required documents.
- In the last step, submit the application form along with all the documents to the nearest bank.
- In this way your bank account will be opened under PM Jan Dhan Yojana.
Which is the official website for opening an account under PM Jan Dhan Yojana 2023?
Official website – https://pmjdy.gov.in/
What is the main objective of PM Jan Dhan Yojana 2023?
Objective :- To connect all citizens with banking facility who belong to economically lower class.